Saturday, February 25, 2012

Simply Saturday...

Outside my window...

It is snowing this morning. Although it is pretty, Mother Nature obviously does not understand that she had three months to do this and now it is too late! Spring is definitely trying to come early. Just ask my mud covered Border Collie that needs to be bathed daily ;)


I am thinking about...

Simplifying our lives for Lent and beyond. It seems to be an ongoing process which really is good for the soul!

I am hearing…

Handsome practicing piano. He is quite talented and I love listening and watching him play. Makes a momma proud!


I am giving thanks for...

Feeling good these days. I believe that trying to bring more peace and simplicity to our lives is a major factor to my physical as well as mental health J There definitely seems to be a connection to the way I handle stress and my stomach condition.


In the kitchen...

I just made some GF granola bars to take to the movies this afternoon since popcorn is now a no no for me. They are so yummy. I add coconut flakes, craisins and DF chocolate chips in them to make them even better. Here is the link to this yummy recipe:Granola bars


I am creating...

I am knitting a new headband. It looks quite cute and if it goes well, I see a whole line of them being made for throughout the year. Always looking for new things to knit.

I am going...

To the movies this afternoon to watch a cartoon marathon. This particular marathon only comes to town after Lovey Dovey’s birthday and we always look forward to it. A few hours to sit (this never happens for more than a few minutes in my home) and relax and have a few laughs with my family J That is what it’s all about too. Just taking it one day at a time and enjoying each other.


I am praying for...

peace and well-being for my family and friends and for a friend who lost her father this week.


I am reading...

Consoling the Heart Jesus and truly enjoying it. I decided to make a retreat this year for Lent and this is a very inspiring read! It is just what I need right now. I am also reading Surrendering Our Stress: Prayers to Calm the Soul and Strengthen the Spirit. I tend to read more than one book at a time, which may clue you in to why I am reading the second one ;)

I am hoping...

That this year will continue to be better than last year. So far, so good! I am glad that 2011 is a distant memory, even though there were valuable lessons learned.


I am looking forward to...

Spring! You will most likely see Spring mentioned every Saturday as it is so close! Daylight Savings time begins in two weeks and I am beyond thrilled!

Come on Spring!!!


I am learning…

More and more each day about the subtle lessons that God provides for us. This past year was filled with them and I was able to see a good deal of them and am trying to tune in more and more to His calling and will for our family. I am learning to trust in Him and to stop trying to reinvent the wheel!

Around the house...

I have been enjoying restarting 40 Bags in 40 Days! Thank you so much, Holly, for a wonderful explanation of this for anyone not familiar with this Lenten tradition of purging : 40 bags in 40 days
Purge, purge, purge!



A favorite quote for today...

The heavier the cross is, the more certain we are that we doing the will of God. I heard that about a year ago mentioned in a homily on EWTN and it is so true.



One of my favorite things...

Sunset.

I love that time of day. It is just gorgeous with all of the vivid reds, pinks, oranges and purples. It is like God took a paintbrush to the sky each day and came up with a new and gorgeous creation for us to see. I love taking pictures of sunsets too!



A few plans for the rest of the week:

Relax and enjoy Family Movie Night. We are going to watch Bambi and have some popcorn.



My point of view...

This was a picture I took last year at this time. My backyard does not looks nothing like this now.









No comments:

Post a Comment