Monday, February 17, 2014

Love Is...

This is a re-post from last year's Valentine's post.  It is one of my favorites and worth a second glance :-)

I have decided to make a St. Valentine's Day post a few days early.  Today is the 15th anniversary of my Mom's death and the day before Ash Wednesday.  Each year this time of year reminds me of the important things I have been blessed with in my life.  I am now at a point in life where I can think of my Mom today with more thoughts of happiness, thankfulness and joy than of sadness.  I am a better person {and mother} because of her and for that I am thankful. 

I have decided that this month I am going to memorize 1 Corinthians 13:1-13.

I've always loved that particular scripture and it was part of our wedding too.


This is why I like it best...



Love is patient and kind; 







love is not jealous or boastful;

 











 it is not arrogant or rude.  










Love does not insist on its own way;
it is not irritable or resentful; 












 it does not rejoice at wrong, but rejoices in the right. 








Love bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things.
 








































  Love never ends.

 

1 comment:

  1. This is a beautiful post, Ann-Marie! Your Mom sounds like a remarkable lady and I'm sure she's smiling down upon remarkable you!:) Love this last photo of your sweet and beautiful family! I'm working on more bible reading for Lent...awesome verse to memorize here. I pray you are doing well my friend!

    ReplyDelete