Thursday, February 13, 2014

Celebrating My Mom

Yesterday was the 16th anniversary of my Mom's death.
It’s hard to believe that it’s been 16 years since my Mom went to be with Jesus. I’ve decided to celebrate her life instead of mourning my loss. She was an incredibly strong woman who persevered during many adversities in her life. The more I look at myself, the more I see her traits, the good and not so good within me. She was a kind, sweet caring person who always put people before things, could bake the most delicious homemade bread from scratch and read a 300 page novel in less than two days! 

 Some of the sweetest memories I have of her are baking in the kitchen together when I was little, the many, many long walks we took down Main Street growing up {mom didn’t drive}, her dressing up taking me trick or treating as a child, and walking me to school and attending Mass each day during elementary school {doubly blessed if it were a feast day as I attended Catholic school}.

She was kind, loved God and all the people who she was blessed to know and although her life was not always the way it appeared to me and there were many times of struggle, she always placed her faith in God to carry her through and He did.
Thank you SO much, Mom, for helping to make me the person I am today!

No comments:

Post a Comment