Friday, June 22, 2012

Today's Gospel is one my of favorites.

Gospel Mt 6:19-23

Jesus said to his disciples:
"Do not store up for yourselves treasures on earth,
where moth and decay destroy, and thieves break in and steal.
But store up treasures in heaven,
where neither moth nor decay destroys, nor thieves break in and steal.
For where your treasure is, there also will your heart be.

"The lamp of the body is the eye.

If your eye is sound, your whole body will be filled with light;
but if your eye is bad, your whole body will be in darkness.
And if the light in you is darkness, how great will the darkness be.
"



Sometimes it is hard to stay focused on doing God's will. It can at times be difficult to do all and  be all to everyone we love.  In these times that we live, we are constantly being bombarded and over stimulated on a daily basis.  There is a constant push or drive to do more, faster and better all of the time. Of course all of this moving faster to be the best that we can be can be physically and emotionally overwhelming at times and take us away from our real goals of focusing on God and doing His will.  


These five simple verses speak volumes to me.
It cannot be put any more simply really.  If we store up our treasures here on earth, then they will remain on earth.  The old phrase "You can't take it with you" is so true!  He who has the most toys does NOT win!


 I try daily to remember where my real treasures are...
The Holy Trinity, my dear husband and my three sons.  The rest is just icing on the cake and of course cake is just as yummy with less icing!


I am doing my best to make sure that my eye is good too.  There are many times that my vision is blurred and cloudy and I need to put a little work into refocusing and keeping it on the prize


So...on that note I will wish you a happy weekend and step away from my computer as we venture outside in the garden for a little overdue weeding no that the weather is a little cooler.

1 comment:

  1. I too need to try to remember daily what my treasures are, and in what order they belong!! have a fun weekend.

    ReplyDelete