Tuesday, September 6, 2011

One Little Step at a Time

Some times I get little messages from Jesus *just* when I need them most.
I love this about our relationship. He really does know me better than anyone else and that is truly a blessing for me. As we begin our new school year I find myself struggling with a few things that are school and family related. Nothing new or earth shattering, just things that need my attention that I have placed on the back burner over the summer. These are things I wanted to attend to over the summer, but, unfortunately I was not able to get to until now.

Maybe now is the best time to remedy these situations and I just did not understand His plan during the summer ;)

I have been reading scripture daily which I love and also read Small Steps for Catholic Moms by Danielle Bean. This is a fabulous book that gives you little thoughts, prayers and an action for each day. The past few days have really spoken to my heart.

Today's thought came from Blessed Mother Teresa:

"There is always the danger that we may just do the work for the sake of the work. This is where the respect and the love and the devotion come in - that we do it to God, to Christ, and that's why we try to do it as beautifully as possible."

I must say that I absolutely love Blessed Mother Teresa and am in awe of her life! She has really showed us her simple little way and that it can be done by us all.

I have been feeling a little less than over exuberant with the return to school. With the seasons changing, the weather has been dark and rainy and like I mentioned there have been several issues pressing on my attention. Sometimes mommas need a day off, but, not usually in the first two weeks of school! I guess it proves I am only a mere human just trying to walk among saints :D

This is a fantastic and inspirational quote. It really says it quite simply! Do not just go through the routine of the day, take pride and do the very best that you can while offering all of your efforts up to the Lord and you will be filled with grace!

I always find it quite amusing (on my part, not His) when little God moments like this happen. They always come right when I need them most and not a moment before. I think that is because when *I* am ready...then *He* will have my full attention and this is how it needs to be.

I loved this quote so much that I made it part of school today. I feel this is a very important lesson to teach our little people of today. Nothing should be done just to do it! I guess I am saying "Just don't do it!" kind of a reverse Nike commercial, lol!

You should do it, but, when you do it...it should be done:
with your whole heart

with your complete attention

with love and affection

with love and respect for Jesus and in combination to His ultimate love and sacrifice for all of us

with a cheerful and humble heart


So...this is how I began my little day today. It started on a note of hesitation as to not wanting to make changes in our lives and then it became great as I finally gave in and made at least one concession that needed to be done. I am working on the other, but, that one will require more grace and time to complete. I try to take each day one little step at a time and raise my family up to Jesus and show them what is important and the ways to achieve our goals...
one little step at a time.
When I go to bed at night, if I can say that I have done this for today...it has been a good day!

No comments:

Post a Comment