Tuesday, November 16, 2010

What I have learned...

I have learned quite a bit in the past six weeks. I always seem to learn *almost* as much as my boys. I am amazed at the wonderful world of homeschooling and what God teaches all of us along the way.

My youngest son has had numerous food allergies since he was three months old and I have always been terrified that one day he would develop asthma. Unfortunately that day has came at the end of September. We are now immersed in nebulizers and daily treatments in hopes of preventing acute attacks. It took me weeks to wrap my brain around this, but, I believe that I am getting better at accepting it now.

We spent the entire month of October passing around colds and it was not our most productive time of the year, but, like I said we all learned quite a bit.

I have learned that it is good to slow down when you need to and just be there. Being there for your boys is the most important thing in the world. Chances are that when they get older they will have fond memories (hopefully) of what we do in school, but, they will remember how mom makes mac and cheese when they don't feel well and how they always get chocolate milk to help feel the boos boos better :-)

I think that being a mom, sometimes it is hard to slow down when you are surrounded by piles of things that need your attention...the never ending trail of paper, laundry, dishes and food are a few that come to mind. As long as I remember that these are all things and will still be there when I get the time to tend to them, then it's all good! People (especially little people) are a special gift from God that need all of our love, kindness and attention and I feel truly blessed to be called Mom by three of God's greatest creations.

I have a special friend who suffered a stroke over the past weekend. While we were doing school yesterday I decided to ditch the rest of the morning so we could make special Thanksgiving pictures for our friend and deliver them to her family to take to her. Again...life is about celebrating people, not things and I truly feel privileged to be able to spend time with my family and be able to do things like that at the spur of the moment when it needs to be done.

Blessings to you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment