Monday, November 29, 2010

I receive wonderful daily inspirations from Alpha Omega online.
Each day there is a little gift sitting in my inbox and sometimes they are just perfect!
Here is a good example on one that is right on for Monday after a wonderful leisurely Thanksgiving weekend.

Do you feel empty today? Is the idea of homeschooling your children overwhelming? Some days, you just don't feel like being profound and inspirational. You would rather hide in bed under the covers or lock yourself away in the bathroom for several hours. The last thing you have is your act together, and you don't feel like disciplining yourself to keep going. Saying "yes" to your selfish feelings and jumping into irresponsibility would be so much easier.
Wait! Stop and think about those who are depending on you. Just as you expect your children to fight off feelings of laziness and complacency, you, too, must reach up to the One whose purpose and plans are so much higher than yours. God has put you in this place of leadership for a reason. To be the leader of your children's education, you must ask God for the strength you need to make homeschooling decisions.

Saul was no different in accepting his leadership role in the Old Testament. Instead of assuming and looking forward to being the first king of Israel, he was found hiding by the baggage (1 Samuel 10:21-22). Samuel had already anointed him privately as king (1 Samuel 10:1), but when the time came for Saul to be made king publicly, Samuel had to bring all the tribes of Israel forward to find him. Saul, too, wanted to escape his responsibilities and hide.

Will you jump into the arms of God today or the arms of irresponsibility? My prayer is that you will find the courage you need to continue being faithful in your homeschooling. May you believe the same promise God gave Joshua when he faced his responsibilities of leading God's people into the Promised Land: "Have not I commanded thee? Be strong and of a good courage; be not afraid, neither be thou dismayed: for the LORD thy God is with thee whithersoever thou goest" (Joshua 1:9).

Heavenly Father, my homeschooling responsibilities are weighing me down today. Please, lift me up and give me the courage I need to keep going. Fill me with the Holy Spirit and show me how to lead the precious children You have given me. In Jesus' name, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment