Friday, August 7, 2009

Taking the plunge...

So today is my first official entry to my blog. I have been tinkering around with it now for months...finding cute and fun things that really reflect who I am but today is the day that I will share a few thoughts.

We are just about to begin year three of our homeschool adventure. Every year seems to be a little different and I should have this mastered by the time my boys are in college ;) The nice thing about teaching your children at home is that you can adjust and readjust as you go along. It is fun and learning for the parent as well as the child that way.

We are trying something new this year. The past two years have been pretty much by the book with little time for other things that really make life more FUN. We are going to decrease our bookwork and incorporate more hands on things to do instead of always doing things by the book. Sorry about the pun, but I couldn't resist.

I thought that having this diary of sorts would be a great way to reflect on our journey.

This year I will be teaching my two oldest boys who are 5 and 7 and I am really looking forward to the adventure. Of course I cannot forget my youngest son who is 2 . He really makes the whole adventure very interesting and sometimes a bit of a challenge, but it's all good =)

I would not have it any other way.

No comments:

Post a Comment