Friday, January 18, 2013

My Favorite Time of Day



Morning is my favorite part of the day.
Not just morning, mind you, but, actually the moment when night turns to day.
I love to rise before dawn and see the day breaking in its full glory.
Most days I am alone with my thoughts when this happens and it is a peaceful way to begin my day. Here I am able to compose my thoughts and try to get a good start to my day.  If anyone had told me fifteen years ago that I enjoy waking up at 5a.m., I would have most definitely thought they were crazy!






I took these two shots about one hour apart. I have noticed over the past few years that January holds the *most* spectacular sunrise and sunsets of the year.  I think it is God's way of gently reminding us that amidst all of the dead and cold of winter there is still much beauty to be seen. And yes, the days are getting noticeably longer :-)


No comments:

Post a Comment