Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Happy St. Valentine's Day

I will be the first one to admit that I truly with all my heart (sorry about the pun) LOVE LOVE LOVE St. Valentine's Day!

It is a chance for me to girl it up in my house of blue.

I just love all of the heart felt sentiment that accompanies it and try to make it extra special for all of my men, big and small. I know that they know that I love them, but, isn't always nice to feel a little fussed over and special?

We started early this year and decorated for the big day. I did not get as much decorating done as I would like, but, it still looks nice and lovely.

I wanted to make a valentine for each of us and make one for Jesus at the center as He is the center of our lives. So, we decided to use scripture to bring it to life. It came out very nice and I actually shared the idea with my middle son's church school teacher and we all made the valentine for residents of a nursing home too.



I always like to make homemade waffles for Valentine's Day. This year I decided instead of cutting them out in little hearts I put a heart of whipped cream on them. Since my littlest man is gluten, dairy, nut and egg free I made him GF chocolate chip pancakes :D





After breakfast the boys had many surprises in store for me too!

I received gorgeous flowers, candy and the sweetest cards!
I am one lucky and loved momma.






Many thanks to a thoughtful Daddy who went out shopping with his little men last night after a long day just to make me feel special.


I made all of my guys homemade Valentines. I like them better and to me they are more from your heart and express your true feelings. I put a picture in the middle of each one and just gushed on there about how very much I love them.






Now it was time for school and we did manage to get our work done in between all of the love that is in the air today.

Next it was time for lunch and yet more surprises!





There are a few more surprises lined up for today. Don't tell the boys, but, I have a yummy cake in hiding for later.




I really do love being able to hug and smooch my guys a little extra today. They are all the best blessings I have ever received and I am truly thankful for each of them. I began the day in prayer asking for grace and to take the time to slow down a bit (working more on this) and just enjoy my boys. Most days life spins around like a tornado and at the end of the day I wonder where it went. I am happy to say that today I made a point not to be so busy and am really trying to enjoy each and every little moment of life.

I hope you all have a wonderful Valentine's Day!

2 comments:

  1. I love your St. Valentine's Day celebration. nice to meet you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Gardenia! It is nice to meet you too. I have seen you many times over at Family at the Foot of the Cross. Hope you stop by again :D

    ReplyDelete